This page presents the overall organization of the LSST Informatics and Statistics Science Collaboration (ISSC) and lists all current roles and responsibilities.
ISSC Leadership Team
The ISSC is led by two co-Chairs and a Core Team who are responsible for managing all scientific and organizational aspects of the Collaboration. The ISSC co-Chairs also act as points of contact for Rubin Community partners (Project, Data Management, other Science Collaborations, LSST Discovery Alliance, etc.), and serve as public spokespeople for the Collaboration.
The ISSC co-Chairs can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Francois Lanusse (CNRS)
- Ashley Villar (Harvard)
ISSC chairs emerita: Tom Loredo (2015-2023), Chad Schafer (2015-2022), Kirk Borne (2009-2015).
ISSC Core Team:
- Jogesh Babu (Penn State)
- Tamas Budavari (Johns Hopkins)
- Eric Feigelson (Penn State)
- Tom Loredo (Cornell)
- Chad Schafer (CMU)
- Sam Schmidt (UC Davis)
- Robert Wolpert (Duke)
External Liaisons and Representatives
ISSC representatives in external committees:
- LSSTC Science Collaborations Advisory Committee: Ashley Villar (Harvard)
- LSST Contribution Evaluation Committee: Matthew J. Graham (Caltech), Chad Schafer (alternate, CMU)
- LSST Science Collaboration Federation DEI Committee: Lior Shamir (K-State)
- LSST Survey Cadence Optimization Committee: Federica Bianco (University of Delaware)
- Rubin Data Management: Leanne Guy (Rubin)